We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions about CareCredit to help serve you better.
What is CareCredit?
CareCredit is a healthcare credit card designed for your health, and wellness needs. It's a way to pay for the costs of many treatments and procedures and allows you to make convenient monthly payments. CareCredit is accepted at over 200,000 providers nationwide for LASIK and Vision Care, Cosmetic and Dermatology Procedures, Dentistry, Veterinary, Hearing Care and other specialties. CareCredit is now also accepted at select retail locations.* For complete details of healthcare financing terms, please review the CareCredit account agreement within the application.
What can I use my CareCredit credit card for?
Your CareCredit credit card can be used at over 200,000 locations nationwide for a variety of healthcare services including LASIK, veterinary, dentistry, cosmetic surgery, hearing care and more. Once you have CareCredit you can use it over and over (subject to credit approval) for you, your family, and even your pets - without reapplying, as long as you have available credit. Please visit our locator for the locations you can use your CareCredit credit card.
Where can I use my CareCredit credit card?
Use our convenient online tool to find a doctor or business type in your area. You can search by your doctor's name or business type or search by location.
What does it mean to be CareCredit Certified?
CareCredit has recently implemented a CareCredit Certification for enrolled Providers in an effort to ensure that every CareCredit card applicant is given a clear, easy-to-understand explanation of financing options available. This Certification acknowledges the Provider's dedication and knowledge in providing consistent and accurate information to their patients/clients, so the patient/client can make well-informed decisions about their care. This Certification is renewed every two years to help ensure that patients/clients are given the most current information.
If you are a Provider visit www.carecreditpro.com/CareCreditPortal/ to become CareCredit Certified!
Why are there different interest rates listed on the application?
The standard Cardholder's APR is 26.99%. Your account's APR may be different. Existing cardholders should see their credit card agreement for applicable terms. The Minimum Interest Charge is $2.
Our No interest if Paid in Full Within 6, 12, 18 and 24 month financing options (sometimes called
Deferred Interest) let you pay for purchases of $200 or more with minimum monthly payments made throughout the duration of your promotional period. Interest accrues during the promotional period but will not be charged if you pay your balance in full by the end of the promotional period.*
Our Reduced APR special financing options of 24, 36, 48 and 60 months are for larger purchase amounts ($1,000 or more for our 24, 36 and 48 month options with a 14.9% APR, and $2,500 or more for our 60 month plan with a 16.9% APR), letting you make monthly payments with a reduced, interest rate over the duration of your promotional period.
What happens if I apply with a co-applicant?
Your joint-applicant is applying jointly with you for credit. If approved, the joint-applicant will also receive a CareCredit credit card and be jointly responsible for the account including the charges of any authorized user.
My provider said I can
avoid paying interest, so why is there an interest rate listed on the application?
For Deferred Interest/No Interest if Paid in Full promotional financing options, no interest will be charged on your promotional balance if you pay your balance in full by the promotional due date. If your promotional purchase is not paid in full by the end of the promotional period, interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date. The CareCredit credit card is also accepted at some retailers where special financing options are not available. For those purchases, standard account terms apply.
For complete details on your CareCredit account, consult your Credit Card Account Agreement found within the application.
When will I receive my first CareCredit account billing statement?
You will receive your first billing statement within 30 days of making a purchase with your card.
How can I find out what promotional financing options my provider offers?
Not all providers offer all promotional financing options so please check with your healthcare providers on which financing options they offer. Promotional financing options are not available at all retail locations that accept CareCredit and standard account terms will apply to such purchases.
Can I pay a portion of the treatment cost myself and use CareCredit for the remainder?
Yes, you can use the CareCredit healthcare credit card for treatment balances from $1 up to your available credit line.
Can I pay for multiple procedures at one time with my CareCredit healthcare credit card?
Yes, when you use your card, you will be billed for those services you choose to pay for with CareCredit.
Does my credit expire?
No, like any other credit card, as long as you are in good standing and you have available credit, you can use your CareCredit healthcare credit card anywhere the card is accepted. It is important to use your card at least once a year, however, in order to keep your account active.
I would like a higher credit limit. What should I do?
Contact our team of credit specialists at (866) 893-7864 to review your needs and assist you with a credit limit increase on your CareCredit account.
What do I do if I suspect I have become a victim of fraud or identity theft?
Take action as soon as you suspect an issue. The faster you respond, the faster the issue may be able to be resolved.
Contact Synchrony @ 1-866-834-3205 to alert us of your concern. A member of our team will assist you in gathering the necessary information to open a claim.
You may receive a Fraud Investigation Form within two weeks of notifying Synchrony that you have been victimized.
To protect your rights, it is very important that you return the Fraud Investigation Form to Synchrony via email or fax. Instructions will be included with the form.
Keep in mind the following can help expedite the handling of your claim:
- Identify which transactions were made by you and which were not, including the merchant name, transaction date and amount.
- The name of the person, if known, who made unauthorized purchases on the account.
- Upon receipt of the form, our investigations team will review the documents.
- You can expect to receive a letter indicating the outcome of the investigation once a decision has been reached.
- We take great care to conduct a thorough investigation, which includes reviewing your information and gathering all necessary documentation.
- Resolution of claims typically takes 60 days.
What happens after I have reported fraud on my Synchrony account?
If you have reported fraudulent charges on your account, a claim will be opened and your account will be assigned an investigator. Additionally, the following is important to remember:
- A temporary credit will be applied to your account, pending the outcome of the Investigation.
- You are still responsible for payment on any non-fraudulent transactions made by you.
- Depending on the type of claim you file, a Fraud Investigation form may be required. If so, you will receive a Fraud Investigation Form within 2 weeks of notifying Synchrony of fraud charges on your account.
- It is important that you return the Fraud Investigation Form to Synchrony via mail or fax. Failure to return the form may affect your claim.
- Upon receipt of the form, an investigator will review the documents.
- You will receive a letter indicating the outcome of the investigation, once a decision is reached.
- Due to the time it takes to gather all the documents relevant to your claim, it may take up to 90 days to complete the fraud investigation.
* Subject to credit approval. Minimum monthly payments required. Not all promotional financing options are available at all enrolled providers. Ask yours for details. Promotional financing options are not available at all retail locations that accept CareCredit and standard account terms will apply to such purchases.