A day at the spa: Top treatments to help you unwind and refresh
A spa treatment can be an ideal way to relax and unwind from the busyness of daily routines. In addition to helping our bodies (and minds) feel refreshed and rejuvenated, spa treatments can provide other wellness benefits too. From relieving sore muscles and soothing skin to alleviating stress and improving sleep, it's no wonder women and men of all ages enjoy indulging in spa treatments to look and feel their best.
Here are some of the most popular day spa treatments and services:
- Massages. From deep tissue to aromatherapy to hot stone, many different types of massages are available to help relax your muscles and relieve tension.
- Facials. Treatments generally include cleaning, exfoliating, steaming and a mask. A facial can even target specific areas like reducing eye puffiness or tightening skin to help minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
- Body wraps and scrubs. An ideal solution for removing dry dull skin cells, these treatments exfoliate and then hydrate the fresh new layer of skin.
- Skincare treatments. Services — such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels — can vary depending on your skin type, products used and your ultimate goal.
- Nail treatments. Manicure and pedicure services at day spas may include more steps than at a salon, such as a hand and/or foot massage and paraffin dip.
- Hair removal treatments. From waxing to light and laser treatments to sugaring, many options are available for permanent or temporary hair removal.
How to make the most of your spa visit
A spa treatment is an investment of your time and money and should be a relaxing and enjoyable experience. If you have questions about certain services or products, don't hesitate to contact the spa directly and ask for guidance. In addition, follow these tips for getting the most out of your spa visit:
- Ask friends for references or research local spas and ask about the types of services offered
- Consider asking for a tour before booking an appointment
- Ask if you can bundle treatments to create your own package
- Ask about treatments recommended for your skin type
- Arrive early so you can check-in, change and start to relax
- Give feedback during your treatment about things like temperature or amount of pressure
Did you know?
Whether you have your favorite go-to treatment or you want to try something new, you can now use your CareCredit credit card to finance the cost of your favorite day spa services at locations in the CareCredit network. As a CareCredit cardholder, you have more locations than ever to help you look and feel your best. Use our convenient Acceptance Locator to find a nearby day spa provider that accepts CareCredit.