Use CareCredit for veterinary procedures financing
Important questions to ask your veterinarian during a pet exam
One of the most important ways to keep your furry friends healthy and happy is to schedule an annual pet exam and to come prepared with questions to ask the veterinarian. It’s an ideal time for your veterinarian to take a close look at your pet’s overall health, as well as check for any signs of illness that, if diagnosed early, can lead to faster treatment and better overall health.
When you go, you may find it helpful to come prepared with specific questions to ask during your pet’s visit. The questions below are based on your pet’s age and can help you start the conversation. They’re handy whether your dog or cat has a health issue or you’re simply planning for an annual exam.
0 - 12 months pet exam
- When should I get my pet spayed/neutered?
- What, how often and how much should I feed my pet?
- What is the recommended vaccination plan for my pet?
- Should I microchip my pet?
13 months - 6 years pet exam
- What’s a healthy weight for my pet?
- How do I keep my pet’s teeth clean?
- How much activity does my pet need?
- What’s the best way to deal with fleas, ticks and other parasites?
7 years - 10 years pet exam
- How do I know when it’s time for a professional dental cleaning?
- What signs of aging should I watch for?
- Does my pet’s diet need to change?
11+ years pet exam
- Should my pet have a blood test or urinalysis?
- What can I do to help keep my older pet healthy and in good physical shape?
If you ever have questions or concerns about your pet’s health, don’t hesitate to contact your veterinarian right away. Keep in mind that your CareCredit credit card provides a convenient way to pay for both services and products at participating veterinary practices. To find a veterinarian near you that accepts the CareCredit credit card, use our Acceptance Locator or CareCredit Mobile App.
“What to Ask Your Veterinarian,” partnersforhealthypets.org, https://www.partnersforhealthypets.org/healthypetcheckup/, accessed March 4, 2019
“10 Questions Everyone Should Ask Their Veterinarian,” PetMD, https://www.petmd.com/dog/care/10-questions-everyone-should-ask-their-veterinarian, accessed March 4, 2019
This content is subject to change without notice and offered for informational use only. You are urged to consult with your individual business, financial, legal, tax and/or other advisors and/or medical providers with respect to any information presented. Synchrony and any of its affiliates, including CareCredit, (collectively, “Synchrony”) makes no representations or warranties regarding this content and accept no liability for any loss or harm arising from the use of the information provided. Your receipt of this material constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.