Benefits of LASIK eye surgery
If life without prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses sounds appealing, you may want to consider LASIK eye surgery. LASIK corrects common vision problems, including nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. It's one of the most popular vision correction surgeries today. Best of all, most patients achieve 20/20 vision or better after undergoing LASIK surgery.1
If you want to enjoy the convenience of maintenance-free vision, consider the following benefits of LASIK eye surgery.
Experience a safe, quick and convenient procedure
- The surgery involves reshaping the cornea so light entering the eye can properly focus on the retina, resulting in clearer vision.
- LASIK eye surgery can be performed on both eyes during the same appointment. It's an out-patient procedure that takes approximately 10 minutes per eye.
- The surgery is generally pain-free: A local anesthetic is used in the form of eye drops to help prevent discomfort. No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
- Recovery time is usually short. While you'll need to have someone drive you home after your procedure, in most cases you can return to your routine activities the next day.
- LASIK eye surgery has been performed more than 19 million times in the U.S and has shown to be safe and effective, based on more than 7000 clinical studies that support the procedure.2
Enjoy long-term results
- Most patients report improved vision without glasses or contact lenses within the first 24 hours after surgery.
- For the majority of patients, the improved vision from LASIK is permanent. Most patients achieve 20/20 vision after the surgery, eliminating the need to wear prescription glasses or contact lenses. In some cases, corrective lenses may be needed for specific activities, such as night driving or reading.
- Depending on your eye health, you may need to wear glasses or contacts, although the prescription level will likely be much lower than before surgery. Surgical adjustments can also be made to further correct vision changes as you age, if needed.
Benefit from maintenance-free vision
- LASIK could help you enjoy an improved quality of life. Having clearer, sharper vision can make everyday activities easier — from focusing at work, to reading, playing sports, and enjoying many leisurely activities.
- In most cases, you'll no longer need to worry about breaking your glasses, losing your contact lenses, or routinely cleaning your lenses.
If you'd like to be less dependent on glasses or contact lenses, take the first step to determine if you're a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery. Schedule an appointment for an eye exam and a pre-operative consultation with a qualified eye doctor, who can review your eye health and answer any questions.
Did you know that your CareCredit credit card provides a convenient option for financing your LASIK procedure and other vision care? Use the Acceptance Locator or download the CareCredit Mobile App to find a vision provider near you who accepts your CareCredit card.