OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES/INSTANT WIN GAME RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Fantastic Sports Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") and Spot & Score Online Game ("Instant Win Game") each begins 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on April 15, 2013 and ends 11:59 PM ET on May 31, 2013 ("Promotion Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game are open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry/Game Play, who are CareCredit credit card cardholders as of April 14, 2013, with an account in good standing as of prize award date, except employees and their families of GE Capital Corp., CareCredit, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. ("Administrator"). This promotion is void wherever prohibited, and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
3. TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There are three ways to enter the Sweepstakes as a CareCredit credit card cardholder as of April 14, 2013, with an account in good standing as of prize award date: 1) You will earn one (1) entry for a qualified transaction made on your CareCredit credit card during the Promotion Period. 2) You may earn an additional Sweepstakes entry as an additional entry recipient of the Instant Win Game as specified below. 3) To enter without making a qualified transaction, hand print your name, complete mailing address, telephone number and date of birth on a plain 3"x5" piece of paper and mail in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to: Fantastic Sports Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7930, Melville, NY 11775-7930. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by May 31, 2013, and received by June 14, 2013, to be entered into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Limit three (3) entries per cardholder throughout the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Mechanically reproduced mailed entries are automatically void.
4. TO PLAY THE INSTANT WIN GAME: During the Promotion Period, if you are a CareCredit credit card cardholder as of April 14, 2013, and on the Game Play date, you may visit www.carecredit.com/fantastic (the "Website") and follow the on-screen instructions to register and play the Instant Win Game to find out if you are an Instant Win Game winner or recipient of an additional Sweepstakes Entry (the "Game Play"). For purposes of this Instant Win Game, a "day" is defined as a 24-hour period, beginning at 12:00:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET within the Promotion Period. All Game Plays must be complete by 11:59 PM ET on May 31, 2013. Limit one (1) Game Play per person/e-mail address/cardholder per day. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Automated Game Play, or those generated by script or bot are not eligible. All Game Plays must be complete to be eligible. All Game Plays become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING:
Sweepstakes Grand Prize (1): A Travel Voucher, redeemable for trip(s) and tickets to attend winner’s choice of sporting event(s), subject to availability, in an amount not to exceed $15,000 (ARV: up to $15,000).
Travel Voucher is redeemable for air transportation, hotel accommodations, sporting event tickets, car rental and/or ground transportation. Winner and travel companion(s) must travel on the same date(s) and the same itinerary from within the United States. Air transportation must be reserved 21 days in advance. Administrator will coordinate all travel with the winner. Travel Voucher must be used within one year of winner confirmation. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner’s travel companion(s) must be 18 years of age or older and will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure. Winner and his/her travel companion(s) must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid passport, government-issued photo ID, etc.) in order to travel. All travel must be completed on dates specified by Sponsor or within one year of prize award (based on the sporting event(s) that is/are selected) or prize (or remainder of prize) will be forfeited. Car rental is subject to additional restrictions set forth by the rental contract. If Grand Prize winner does not meet car rental requisites/requirements, an alternate prize of equal or greater value may be awarded. Winner is responsible for returning the car with a full tank of gas. Winner is responsible for arranging all insurance and liability with the rental agency upon pick-up of car rental. Winner is responsible for any damage to the car rental during the trip. Certain trips must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor. Certain restrictions and blackout dates apply to trip. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Tickets to sporting events and seat locations are subject to availability. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, entertainment and transfers, are the winner's sole responsibility. In the event the Grand Prize winner or his/her travel companion(s) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor's sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and his/her travel companion(s) home with no further compensation. In the event any sporting event cannot take place as scheduled for reasons out of Sponsor’s control, that portion of prize will be forfeited and no additional compensation will be provided.
- Sweepstakes First Prize (25): A Slingbox 350 (ARV: $235 each).
- Instant Win Grand Prize (2): A $100 MasterCard Gift Card. The odds of winning an Instant Win Grand Prize are 1:75,000.
- Instant Win First Prize (5): A $75 MasterCard Gift Card. The odds of winning an Instant Win First Prize are 1:30,000.
- Instant Win Second Prize (7): A $50 MasterCard Gift Card. The odds of winning an Instant Win Second Prize are 1:21,429.
- Instant Win Third Prize (75): A $25 MasterCard Gift Card. The odds of winning an Instant Win Third Prize are 1:2,000.
Instant Win Opportunity (500): one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry. The odds of receiving an Instant Win Opportunity are 1:300.
The approximate odds of winning any Instant Win Prize or receiving an Instant Win Opportunity are 1:255.
The ARV of prizes listed are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prizes are awarded. If the actual purchase price of prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winners will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. No cash redemption of prizes, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Taxes related to the prizes are the responsibility of the winners. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above is winner’s sole responsibility. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Prize, one (1) Instant Win Grand, First, Second or Third Prize and one (1) Instant Win Opportunity per cardholder/e-mail address during the Promotion Period. All Instant Win Prizes and First Prizes will be mailed to the winners within approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game. Gift Cards subject to restrictions and expiration dates may apply. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
6. SWEEPSTAKES RANDOM DRAWING: The Grand Prize and all First Prize Winners in the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received as described in these Official Rules. The random drawing will be conducted on or about July 15, 2013. Drawing will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Approximate odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received. The Sweepstakes Prizes will be awarded and winners will be notified by phone and/or mail.
7. INSTANT WIN VERIFICATION: All potential winners/additional entry recipients of the Instant Win Game are subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator, and verification of potential winners/additional entry recipients are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. A participant is not a winner/recipient of any prize/opportunity, even if the Instant Win Game should so indicate, unless and until participant’s eligibility, and the potential Instant Win Game winner/additional entry recipient status, have been verified and participant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor and Administrator will not accept any Instant Win Game screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any Instant Win Game Play that occurs after the system has failed for any reason, or the Promotion Period has ended, in Sponsor’s and Administrator’s sole discretion, is deemed a defective play and is void and will not be honored. If, due to an error of any kind, more winning names are determined as instant winners/additional entry recipients, or more Instant Win Prizes/Opportunities are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to Rule #5, the intended Instant Win Prizes/Opportunities will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified Instant Win Prize/Opportunity claims received. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes/opportunities. Use of automated Game Play devices or programs is prohibited. The Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Instant Win Game.
8. SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: All non-winning Game Plays will be automatically entered into a second chance random drawing for any unclaimed Instant Win Game Prizes/Opportunities. The second chance random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, on or about June 6, 2013, from all eligible non-winning Game Plays received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning a prize/opportunity in the second chance drawing depend upon the number of eligible non-winning Game Plays received during the Promotion Period and number of unclaimed Instant Win Prizes/Opportunities (if any).
9. GENERAL RULES: The Sponsor will make three attempts to contact the potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner via phone, mail, or overnight delivery within one week from the time winner selection was accomplished. Messages/voicemails will be left. If Sponsor is unable to reach the potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner within this time frame, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected, time permitting. Potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return via mail/e-mail an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Waiver/Publicity Release (where legal) within ten (10) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate will be selected. Affidavit will be sent via e-mail and/or overnight delivery and Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner will need to return the Affidavit within ten (10) days of notification via fax or e-mail and send the original Affidavit back via mail. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate selection (for Sweepstakes Prizes only). Winners must have an account in good standing as of prize award date in accordance with the terms described in the CareCredit credit card agreement in order to receive the prize. In the instance of co-applicant cardholders, the winner is the primary cardholder. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are allowed, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, photographs and likenesses for publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Under no circumstances should entrants give their credit card account number, or any information regarding their account, over the phone/mail in connection with this Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE/OPPORTUNITY, WINNERS/RECIPIENTS AGREE THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER/RECPIENT FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE/OPPORTUNITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES/INSTANT WIN GAME OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES/INSTANT WIN GAME OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. All entries and Game Plays become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. All prizes will be awarded to the primary cardholder of the CareCredit credit card associated with winning entry/Game Play. If for any reason the Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award the Sweepstakes Prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. In the event of cancellation of the Instant Win Game, Sponsor will award all Instant Win Prizes claimed prior to the date of cancellation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or Game Plays. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries or Game Plays and administration of the Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process/Game Play process or the operation of the Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game or Website; violates these official rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The use of script, macro or automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of participation) to play or enter is prohibited. If Administrator, in its sole discretion, determines that an entrant has used an automated or similar device to play or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, all Game Plays, entries and prize claims from that entrant and e-mail address will be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES/INSTANT WIN GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. JURISDICTION: The Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut applicable to promotions fully carried out within Connecticut. Except where prohibited by law, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game but in no event attorneys' and/or experts’ fees; and winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Each winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and winners acknowledge that they have not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by the Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. Each winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, visit www.carecredit.com/fantastic/winners after July 30, 2013, through August 30, 2013.
12. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game are sponsored by General Electric Capital Corporation, through its GE Capital Retail Finance unit, 777 Long Ridge Road, Stamford, CT. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., Melville, NY 11747.